Seychelles is known for its quixotic beauty and monumental luxury. Considered to be a play field of the riches, it is slowly emerging as the hottest honeymoon destination, especially for Indian couples. Its white sand, pristine turquoise water, and ultra-luxurious resorts & hotels make for a good combination to start a new life together on your Seychelles honeymoon.
Seychelles offers everything you’d want on your honeymoon – glimmering beaches, exquisite beauty, delish delicacies, heart-warming people and carnival-like spirit of the place. But before you start planning, look at the essentials to have a fairytale honeymoon in Seychelles. Here we cover must see places, best stops to breathe in the beauty and celebrate the love, food that complements your moods, and experiences that you’d never forget.
Interesting facts about Seychelles
1. The Republic of Seychelles is situated off the coast of East Africa in the Indian Ocean.
2. It consist of 115 islands – some are granite and others are coral islands.
3. The largest of the islands is Mahé and Victoria on it is the capital, in fact the world’s smallest capital.
4. The climate of the islands is pleasant all year round.
5. The currency of the place is Seychelles Rupee. 1 SCR = 5 INR.
6. The time-zone of Seychelles is +4 GMT, which is 1.5 hours behind India.
7. There is no limit on how much foreign currency you can bring in and carry out of the Republic. However, you can not bring in or take out more than SCR 2,000 of the country.
8. Duty free items include 2 liters of wine, 200 ml of perfume, one video camera and other knick-knacks not exceeding the value of SCR 3,000.
9. It is illegal to consume alcohol in public.
10. Warning: Consumption or any kind of harm imparted to Coco de Mer, the native fruit of the country which is artistically in the shape of human genitals, will end you up in jail.
Ideal Duration For A Honeymoon In Seychelles
Ideal duration for a honeymoon in Seychelles is 6 nights and 7 days. Since the set of islands are so beautiful and engaging, even 7 days could leave you asking for more.
Famous islands you must visit on your honeymoon in Seychelles
It is hard to decide upon the best island in Seychelles for honeymoon. There are many beautiful islands with a host of pristine beaches, azure waters, and tropical vegetation. So, we give you some of the most beautiful honeymoon destinations in Seychelles that you can include in your trip.
- Praslin Island –The unspoilt island is famous for Vallée de Mai, the world renowned home to the infamous Coco de Mer palms.
- Mahe Island – The largest island in Republic of Seychelles is home to the highest mountain ranges in Seychelles. Also, world’s smallest capital, Victoria is on Mahe Island.
- La Digue Island – Stunning beaches like Petite Anse and Anse Anse Source D’Argent are pretty famous here. Also, beach horse-riding and expedition trips to tiny Félicité Island, with population of 12, from the island have their own attraction.
- Fregate Island – Recreational sports like scuba-diving, yachting, and snorkeling are quite popular here. Also, the thick forested area has its charm.
- Cousine Island – It is famous for giant turtles; a conservatory for endangered animals and exotic birds; and thousands of animal nesting sites.
- Bird Island – Come here for bird spotting and shimmering white sand.
Most romantic things to do on a Seychelles honeymoon
Here is a list of some of the things to do in Seychelles on honeymoon. Include these to add spice to your honeymoon.
1. Go island hopping through causeways, holding hands and talking about your bright future.
2. Ditch the bed and make out on the pristine white sand of the beaches under the glittering sky.
3. Enjoy the stunning sunsets and start the new day with dazzling sunrises.
4. Relax with the tropical couple massage and enjoy the melodic silence.
5. Take a walk through the ‘Garden of Eden’ at Praslin Island of Seychelles.
6. Explore the secrets of Victoria Island, mounted on a rental bike and soak in the refreshing weather.
7. Go for water sports and share unhindered laughs and joyful shrieks with your lover.
8. Bag your own beach in the tropical heaven and have a picnic there.
Gorgeous places to visit on a honeymoon in Seychelles
- Mission Lodge Lookout – Pack a picnic basket and set out to indulge yourself in the best dazzling views of Mahe Island. Spot the colorful birds and refreshing vegetation on the trails and have an unmatched experience. You may never know, but the seclusion can lead to a fulfilling hike with your new soulmate.
- The Clock Tower – The monument has been in Seychelles for over 110 years. It is considered to be one of the most popular Seychelles’ location to click a selfie with the clock tower in the background.
- Cathedral of Our Lady of Immaculate Conception – The beautiful cathedral will stun you with its intricate carvings and delicate tapestries. A must visit if you want a taste of European beauty in the territory of East Africa.
- Plantation House National Monument – Originally a plantation house, it has been refurbished to a place apt to relax, rejuvenate and spend quality time with your partner. Delicious food and occasional live music draw people in from all over Seychelles.
- Pearl Farm de Praslin – And what better way to gift your wife an invaluable black pearl? You can even go for artful delicate jewelry made of real pearl. A place you must visit if you want to pamper her and impress her, all at the same time.
Most romantic places to visit for that extraordinary Seychellois Honeymoon
- Seychelles National Botanical Gardens – Located on Mahe Island, the Botanical Gardens are quixotic. Making out or just hand holding on the trails, goofing around on the sprawling gardens and clicking pictures with interesting flora will be the most cherished memories of your Seychelles honeymoon.
- Coco Island – The deserted island is known for its eye-catching beauty. A renowned snorkeling spot, the place is the ultimate getaway – away from it hustle. A Seychelles honeymoon is incomplete if you miss out on Coco Island.
- Curieuse Island – Curieuse Island has a marine park, which is quite fun for couples on a honeymoon in Seychelles. The red colored soil make for a refreshing picture background after all the blue and white. Home to the illustrious Coco de Mer, Aldabra tortoises, mangrove forests, takamaka trees, green sea turtle breeding, hawksbill, and the Seychelles Black Parrot – Curieuse Island should have a definite spot in your Seychellois honeymoon itinerary.
- Anse Lazio – Considered to be the best beach in Seychelles, Anse Lazio has lot to offer. Its unmatched beauty, glimmering pure water, shiny white sand and swishing palm trees make for perfect honeymoon setting in Seychelles.
- Anse Georgette – The breathtaking beauty of Anse Georgette is quite unsung as of yet. Not so popular, the place can be an absolute haven for couples who are not so keen to rub their shoulders with other tourists and honeymooners. The place can be your own little hidden hotspot.
Shopping spots in Seychelles to pamper your lady love
- Victoria Market – Victoria market is the place where you can witness the lifestyle of the natives of Seychelles. Apparels, footwear, eatables and dairy produce; the market has everything you can think of while on a honeymoon in Seychelles.
- Rita’s Art Studio & Gallery – This is the place where the breathtaking seascape and landscape of Seychelles is depicted artistically through paintings. The paintings are unique and the price range is moderate to high.
- Domaine de Val des Pres – Experience the traditionally rich Creole culture at Domaine de Val des Pres. Buy their art and artifacts to take home a piece of your incredible honeymoon in Seychelles. From a SCR 10 item to an expensive buy, it has stuff for all pocket sizes.
- SEPNA, Esplanade Craft Kiosks – Splurge on the colorful blends of cultures and colors at these kiosks. The melting pot of modernism and traditions, the place has so much to offer in terms of shopping. You will get your pick of colorful beach wear, local dried fruits, tote bags, beach footwear, and other souvenirs.
- Thoughts Stained Glass Studio – Their handcrafted glass stained items like fishes, mobiles, and clocks are simply extraordinary. The price range would be SCR 40 to SCR 400.
What to eat in Seychelles?
Your Seychellois honeymoon is incomplete without Seychellois food. The basic ingredients of Seychellois cuisine are seafood, coconut, breadfruit, and chilies. It is one of the spiciest cuisines with a mix of fresh seafood.
Some of the most popular Seychellois delicacies are Kat-kat Banana, Coconut Fish Curry, Catini Requin, Bouillon Bréde, Soupe de Tectec, Tamarind Chatini with fish, Carotte Bananas, breadfruit, and palm leaves.
Palm wine and Calou are the favorite beverages for people of Seychelles. Most of the favorites are made from coconut sap. Bacca, Seybrew, Ekyu, Coco D’Amour, and Dark Takamaka Rum are other beverages liked by many locals and tourists.
Suggested Read: Go Honeymooning Where The Celebrities Have Been To
Where to stay in Seychelles on honeymoon?
Look for stay options in Seychelles? We suggest you opt for one of these finest resorts for a super romantic honeymoon in Seychelles. Here, have a look.
5 Star Resorts – Luxury at its best
4 Star Resorts – For a beautiful stay
3 Star Resorts – Comfortable stay in a budget
Getting around in Seychelles
Travelling in Seychelles is not a concern. You just need to shell out some bucks. And every place, no matter how secluded, is accessible. You can take your pick from rental bikes, inter-island flights, helicopter rides, ferries, jetties, speed boats, catamarans, taxis, car-hires-for-a-day, and bus.
How to reach Seychelles for honeymoon of your dreams
In total, there are six major airports in The Republic of Seychelles. Two of the most prominent ones are:
- Seychelles international Airport at Victoria
- Praslin Island Domestic Airport at Praslin
More than 25 International Airlines operate out of Seychelles International Airport. There are non-stop flights to 14 cities, however, sadly, no Indian city is a part of the group yet. There is a halt at Abu Dhabi for tourists from India. With over 320 international flights departing from Seychelles, it is not a hyperbole to say that it is very well connected to the world.
An average round trip for a person would cost somewhere around INR 90,000.
All geared up for your dream honeymoon in Seychelles? Pack your bags and set out on a romantic journey to begin the ethereal journey of your lives together.